For two years, the company has been developing a comprehensive transformation project on its web site, which is now being launched as the first Naturgy portal. The priority has been to connect to the user from all perspectives. To achieve this, the following lines were pursued:
- The conceptualisation and design process took into account the methodology called User-Centred Design, and has been validated with end users through real testing.
- It has sought access for all people regardless of their conditions, be they environmental (noise, older browsers, slow connections, etc.) or physical (visual, auditory, motor, language-based or age-related).
- Technologically, it has been developed to ensure compliance with UNE and W3C (World Wide Web Consortium) standards at the intermediate level (AA).
- The presentation layer is based on the recommendations of the W3C on Cascading Style Sheets, Level 2 (CSS2), and the standard recommended for HTML use has been applied, using XHTML 1.0 Strict as verification.
Through all of this, we have achieved the following advantages:
- HTML and Style Sheets created to ensure proper display and to allow the web site to adapt to different devices. In this way, we have achieved almost universal access to information.
- In addition, the font sizes have been defined in relative units so that they can be increased or decreased from inside the browser.
- Browsing options with or without active style sheets, as well as browsing with or without active JS.
Thanks to these improvements, users can universally access our content.
Regarding the features offered, three examples stand out:
- The features with no integration with other systems, which have been developed in this project following the guidelines outlined in the accessibility standards.
- The features integrated with other systems: the technical complexity of integrating these services has prevented their development. In this regard, Naturgy is committed to continue working to ensure all its applications are fully accessible.
- Third-party features: our commitment to accessibility is applied to all partner companies with which the company works. Therefore, they have been asked for their commitment and management to ensure the accessibility of their applications.